Future 5 helps connect motivated, low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential, leading to independence and productive citizenship.
Program Overview: Field Guide to Future 5
Since 2009, Future 5 has provided out-of-school programming to low-income Stamford High School students. Located in the heart of downtown Stamford, our primary goal is to connect our student members to the people, resources, and experiences essential to making a successful transition to post-secondary education and careers.
Future 5 is a membership based organization. Once students have committed to Future 5, through completing our signature Here to There workshop, they may access all of our services. These workshops focus on connecting our members to Character, Coaches, Community, College, and Career.
Reporting to the Director of Students, the Student Advocate will work on the frontline with our students and share responsibility with other programming staff for all aspects of the student membership experience including social, academic, physical and emotional needs. The Student Advocate will build relationships with individual student members and become familiar with staff, volunteer and community resources in order to connect members to appropriate support and guidance.
- Support students from enrollment through graduation.
- Counsel and advise students by phone, email, text, and meetings
- Resolve problems by clarifying issue; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Engage students by focusing on outreach and retention efforts.
- Support communications efforts to provide program-related, timely information to staff and participating members.
- Work collaboratively with staff and coaches to understand processes, systems, and services and to resolve student issues.
- Support in transportation of students to off-site locations.
- Work closely with Future 5 staff to address student issues.
- Flag potential issues to the Director of Students and provide necessary early alert on academic and/or social interventions needed.
- An original thinker who knows how build relationships.
- Energy and optimism and a commitment to Future 5’s mission and helping others.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree or current student working towards degree
Full-time position. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To find out more…please contact:
Lise Leist, Director of Students