Future 5 helps connect motivated, under-resourced high school students in Stamford to their full potential, leading to independence and productive citizenship.
Since 2009, Future 5 has provided out-of-school programming to low-income high school students in Stamford, CT. Located in the heart of downtown Stamford, our primary goal is to connect our student members to the people, resources, and experiences essential to successfully accessing and thriving in post-secondary education and careers.
Future 5 is a membership-based organization. Once students have committed to Future 5, through completing our signature Here to There workshop, they may access all of our services. These workshops focus on connecting our members to Character, Coaches, Community, College, and Career. All costs associated with our program come from external, private funding sources.
Reporting to the Director of Student Enrichment, the Student Advocate is an entry level position working on the frontline with our high school students sharing responsibility with other programming staff for all aspects of the student membership experience including social, academic, physical and emotional needs. The Student Advocate will build relationships with student members and become familiar with staff, volunteer and community resources in order to connect members to appropriate support and guidance. Are you energized by youth development programs? Apply today!
- Support High School students from enrollment through graduation.
- Organize and execute workshop and enrichment activities.
- Lead “Here to There”, Future 5’s six-week signature membership program.
- Manage programming in areas of fitness and wellness, Brainwave trivia, Job Prep, Investment Club and more.
- Assist in connecting student members to other activities, resources and organizations in the community which may support their interests and personal development.
- Advise and support students by phone, email, texting platform, and meetings
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Engage students by focusing on outreach and retention efforts.
- Support communications efforts to provide program-related, timely information to staff and participating members.
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteer coaches to understand processes, systems, and services and to resolve student issues.
- Support in transportation of students to off-site locations
- Work closely with Future 5 staff to address student issues.
- Flag potential issues to the Director of High School Enrichment and provide necessary early alert on academic and/or social interventions needed.
- Track individual student interaction and data.
- Bachelor’s degree
- An original thinker who knows how to build relationships.
- Energy and optimism and a commitment to Future 5’s mission and helping others.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong comfort level with technology platforms
- Valid Driver’s license strongly preferred
Commitment/Compensation: Full Time Position. $37-$39K Annual Salary plus competitive benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
[email protected]. Indicate “Student Advocate” in subject.
Future 5 is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Future 5 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.