Why do we need corporate partners?
Your company and employees represent a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with our student members! Future 5 was founded on the principle of helping students make important connections with local businesses and organizations within the Stamford community. Your company can offer our students firsthand exposure to nearby jobs and careers.
How do we involve our corporate partners?
Future 5 will customize a program that works best with your company’s values and goals. Future 5’s Job Prep program for internship and job readiness training is where students learn communication and teamwork skills, problem solving and interview tactics plus resume and job search strategies.
A customized program consists of:
Company Introduction and Tour
- Small group of students visit your headquarters.
- Brief overview of your company from selected executives and/or Human Resources.
- Break into smaller groups for tour to meet a cross-section of departments/employees.
- Department speakers provide a brief overview of department responsibilities and day-to-day job roles. Share a personal story regarding how one got involved with specific field/job.
Small group of students will be brought to your office to participate in mock interviews conducted by employees who volunteer. Interviews are brief, and are followed by a group session with employee/student feedback.
- Selected students will have an opportunity during a school break to spend part of a day shadowing an assigned employee.
- Selected students may apply for summer internships (number of openings to be determined) which would expose them to one or more company departments.