Future 5 helps connect motivated, low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential, leading to independence and productive citizenship.
Program Overview: Field Guide to Future 5
Future 5 is a membership-based organization. While the mission of Future 5 focuses on connecting under-resourced high school students to experiences, resources and connections that will enable their success, much of that process stems from having at least one positive adult who sees a student’s potential and helps them feel empowered. An exemplary Student Support Specialist is able to accomplish this by building relationships with all student members. Through caring and intentional interactions, Student Support Specialist develop an understanding of members & interests, goals, and challenges, enabling our community to feel like a second home.
The Development Director is responsible for the creation and execution of Future 5’s development strategy. This position is a direct report to the Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing and executing on all fundraising activities for the organization, including: major gifts, corporate partnerships, grant solicitations and the stewardship/bequest efforts. The Development Director creates a development strategy, sets annual revenue goals, collaborates with marketing to strengthen our brand and execute on the strategy to achieve established goals.
- #1 Cheerleader for High School students from enrollment at Future 5 through graduation
- Lead programming and activities with true excitement and passion, exemplifying the motto: Inspire, Higher!
- Organize and execute workshops, programs and enrichment activities for high school students
- Assist in connecting student members to additional activities, resources and organizations in the community which may support their interests and personal development
- Advise and support students one-on-one by phone, email, texting platform, and meetings
- Assist with transportation of students to off-site upskilling, career prep and college prep events
- Work as part of a team to collaboratively address the diverse needs of under-resourced students, particularly the needs of young men
- Track individual student interaction and data for grants and reporting purposes
- Bachelor’s degree
- An original thinker who knows how to build relationships
- Energy and optimism and a commitment to Future 5’s mission and helping others
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
Commitment/Compensation: Full Time Position. $38-$39K Annual Salary plus competitive benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Full time position
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To find out more…please contact:
To apply for this position: Please submit your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]. Indicate “Student Support Specialist” in subject.
Future 5 is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Future 5 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.