Future 5 helps connect motivated low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential leading to independence and productive citizenship.
The Director of Student Experience directs all facets of the membership experience at Future 5. The Director supports the mission of Future 5 by building and maintaining the culture of positivity and connection along with the practical elements of an organization that guides students from “here”, where they are today, to “there”, where they hope to be in achieving their academic, career and life goals.
Responsible for each of the primary program elements which make up the membership experience, including curriculum development and evaluation, integration of new students to Future 5’s community, academic support, and enrichment programming (field trips, special events, celebrations etc.).
Responsible for managing and leading the student staff, to build and engage students, strengthen individual member relationships and carefully track progress towards goals. In collaboration with the Volunteer Manager, responsible for engagement, relationship-building and monitoring of volunteer “coaches” and highly engaged “extended staff” volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Programming & Membership Experience:
- Create a supportive environment of accountability, consistency and fun!
- Champion all programming, activities and processes to improve the member experience
- Ensure all students feel welcomed, informed of Future 5 membership opportunities and are well known by the student staff
- Oversee all after-school workshops, tutoring, activities, food, prizes/trips
- Onboarding, with SA’s, recruit students for H2T and develop communications and creative solutions to ensure the needs and challenges of new members are supported
- Evaluate programming to ensure goal oriented and effective in creating a robust member experience which will lead students forward in their journey in reaching their full potential
- Participate and manage the Future 5 Scholarship Committee
- In collaboration with F5@NCC Manager, expand, oversee and evaluate College Success programming
- Oversee post-secondary pathway program development that begins in the second semester of junior year in HS through post-secondary matriculation, (2 and 4 year college, vocational, IT, military, etc.)
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Manager and other F5 staff members assist in identifying and securing tutoring and coaching resources
- Hire/train new student programming staff
- Evaluate student programming staff
- Manage weekly program staff meetings
- Collaborate with Development/Volunteer staff
Assessment and Evaluation
- Ensure strong alignment between program execution and Future 5 culture
- Create Point of Contact (POC) list of students and review progress weekly, development of an action plan and ensure timely follow up
- Leading the student advocate team to evaluate tutoring and coaching and report progress. (All About You, Connections and Attitude)
- Evaluate Post-Secondary Pathway programming
- Evaluate College Success Programming
- Oversee attendance collection, programming volunteer hours and general metric generation
- Evaluate Leadership, Service, Game Plan and Job Prep programing
- Track progress of members’ academic records
- Ensure high school graduation success rate
- Demonstrated alignment with Future 5’s mission, values and culture.
- Minimum (3) years experience in youth development, college access/success, career coaching and/or education career field.
- Demonstrated commitment to educational opportunity and equity for underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Understanding of and/or experience with social & emotional learning, leadership development and character building techniques
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable in a team and fast-paced environment
- Willingness and flexibility to work some weekends and evenings
- Strong management skills, ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Demonstrated competence in team building and supervision
- Ability to collect, analyze and utilize data for program improvement and decision making
- Proficient with Google Suite, MS Office. Experience with database systems (e.g. Salesforce) a plus
- Valid Drivers License; must have own vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Compensation: The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits.
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the qualifications listed in the position description. No phone inquiries will be accepted; all inquiries and resumes should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Future 5, Inc. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and any other factor protected by law. This applies, consistent with applicable law, to all phases of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, participation in all company-sponsored employee activities, events, and programs.