Future 5 helps connect motivated low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential leading to independence and productive citizenship.
Future 5 seeks to build upon its mission of serving under-resourced students in Stamford by clarifying and enhancing its fundraising strategy, strengthening development with foundations and major donors, and raising the profile of Future 5 to ensure sustainability of the organization. In order to do this, Future 5 is searching for a Director of Development who will report directly to the Executive Director/CEO and is responsible for overseeing and executing all marketing and fundraising activities in coordination with and supported by all members of the Future 5 team.
Future 5 is a mid-sized nonprofit that is well-positioned for growth. A Director of Development will have the opportunity to impact that growth. If you are passionate about youth development, first generation college success and helping students “land with a plan”, then you will enjoy working at this mission- driven nonprofit.
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing and executing all development, marketing and fundraising activities for Future 5. This includes major gifts, corporate partnerships, grant solicitations, stewardship and bequest efforts on behalf of Future 5. The successful candidate will foster an understanding of philanthropy within Future 5, promoting the notion that “fundraising is everyone’s business”, an environment in which every member of the staff, Board, volunteers, and student members can share in the organizations’ success. The Director of Advancement is charged with goal-setting based on the strategic plan and creating a marketing and development strategy to reach sustainable revenue goals and to strengthen our brand.
- Create and execute a three-year development plan consistent with our strategic plan and vision. Strengthen Future 5’s brand to support Future 5’s strategic priorities (operational, reserve fund and capital campaign). Work closely with the Board of Directors Development Chair in collaboration with the Board, Executive Director and Development staff.
- Establish annual revenue goals and oversee results.
- Develop fundraising projections and monitor weekly by analyzing organizational historical trends.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved and are consistent with Future 5’s development plan and revenue goals from each donor sector.
- Research trends nationally, in Fairfield County and specifically in Stamford, adapting fundraising tactics when necessary.
- Work with the database manager to compile key reports and donor info to ensure the effective use of our Salsa (CRM software).
- Plan and Implement Future 5’s technology-driven fundraising initiatives including website, social media and crowd funding activities.
- Plan and execute at least two major fundraising events per year (Golf Outing & 5K)
- Develop and manage the annual development calendar and plan.
- Identify and develop foundation, corporate and community prospects for Fairfield County, with special attention to the Stamford community.
- Elevate the Future 5 brand.
- Develop policies and best practices for the development department.
- Develop a comprehensive internal and external communication plan to promote Future 5 within each Fairfield County community with the goal of increasing the donor base.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview, and select well- qualified development/marketing staff
- Manage development/marketing team, which includes a grants manager, volunteer manager and marketing & communications manager.
- Oversee the components of Marketing and Communications (fundraising appeals, donor database, publications, friend-raisers, etc).
- Oversee the administration of donor mailing list and database.
- Oversee the planning and collaborate on the execution of special fundraising/ friend-raising and outreach events.
- Work with Future 5 programming directors to coordinate and engage community partners and corporations in the membership experience.
- Build relationships with Stamford community stakeholders and beyond to raise our profile, advance the mission, and fundraising goals of the organization
- Create and buildout a team of vested community leaders.
- Work with Board, staff and volunteers to ensure participation in the execution of events and achievement of revenue goals.
- Support Development Committee and assist in new Board member; orientation of provide training and information throughout the organization.
- An original thinker who knows how to solve problems, build relationships and achieve results.
- Energy and optimism and a commitment to Future 5’s mission.
- Five years of development/business development experience and knowledge of key administration principles.
- Demonstrated history of successful fundraising activity or ability (examples include: grants, major gifts, planned giving, or endowments).
- Experience with financial management, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Understanding of CRM systems (such as eTapestry, Salsa, Raiser’s Edge) • Excellent relationship-building/sales skills and a customer service orientation that leads to sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Vested interest in Stamford, Connecticut and Fairfield County community.
Salary Range: $80,000-$85,000 and a competitive benefits package.Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Future 5 is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Future 5 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.