Future 5 helps connect motivated low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential leading to independence and productive citizenship.
Future 5 is searching for a Deputy Director with well-developed management skills to provide the capacity needed for Future 5 to expand its goals and scope of work. The Deputy Director will have the experience and temperament needed to maintain a consistent and positive, yet structured workplace in a fast-paced educational environment. The Deputy Director will report to the Executive Director and is responsible for the management of Future 5 programming and the team of program staff responsible for high school and college success.
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package. Future 5 is looking for someone who can work in-person full-time Monday-Friday in our Stamford office, with a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and occasional travel.
Future 5 is a mid-sized nonprofit that is well-positioned for growth. The Deputy Director will have the opportunity to impact that growth. If you are passionate about youth development, first generation college success and helping students “land with a plan”, then you will enjoy working at this mission-driven nonprofit.
- Represent and act on behalf of the Executive Director when necessary, and as defined by the Executive Director
- Management and primary oversight of staff and programs for high school, college and Alumni.
- Manage day-to-day administrative activities, as well as daily events and programs of Future 5 to meet the organizational mission
- Supervise Future 5 staff, ensuring timely planning, budgeting and completion of programs and tasks, unless otherwise directed by the Executive Director
- Coordinate Future 5 staff teamwork, identifying and supporting shared goals and responsibilities, as well joint activities across program areas
- Facilitate weekly Future 5 staff meetings
- Manage/Cultivate relationships with a variety of external organizations connected to Future 5’s work, including corporate partners, community organizations, elected officials, and so on, as directed by the Executive Director
- Manage Future 5 annual programming calendar
- Ensure achievement of program deliverables required by Future 5’s contracts and grant agreements
- Work with Board, staff, and volunteers to ensure the execution of events and support achievement of revenue goals.
- Provide support to the Executive Director, as needed
- Any additional task or assignment the Executive Director may require, as needed
- Minimum of 7 years of professional management experience
- Minimum of 7 years of working in/with nonprofit/community organizations
- Master’s level education preferred; bachelor’s level required
- An original thinker with outstanding personal organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Energy, optimism and a commitment to Future 5’s mission
- Demonstrated commitment to the basic principle of educational equity
- Excellent relationship-building skills and a customer service orientation that leads to sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Knowledge of basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office, Google, and database applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good sense of humor
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or Haitian-Creole) proficiency preferred
- Vested interest in Stamford and Fairfield County community
Salary Range: $80,000-$85,000 plus competitive benefits package.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Future 5 is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Future 5 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, genetic information, sexual orientation, age or disability.