Future 5 helps connect motivated low-income high school students in Stamford to their full potential leading to independence and productive citizenship.
The College Prep Manager (CPM) is responsible for supporting all aspects of Future 5’s College Prep program. The CPM, working with the Director of the College Prep Program and the student staff, is the person responsible for the College Access programming. This person will be responsible for all aspects of the college process for our college-bound seniors including but not limited to conducting content-based workshops, and leading our students through the process from college visits, building a balanced list, essay writing, common app completion, evaluating options, cost to attend analysis, scholarship generation assistance, final decision making and more. In collaboration with the Director of the College Prep Program, the CPM will also be responsible for monthly workshops for the Junior class beginning in January of their Junior year.
- Bachelor’s degree and work authorization
- 1 – 2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated commitment to Future 5’s mission, vision, and cultural elements of connection, optimism, and vibrancy.
- Demonstrated commitment to educational opportunity and equity for underserved and underrepresented populations.
- Ability to collect, analyze and utilize data for program improvement and decision making
- Proficient with Google Suite, MS Office. Experience with database systems (e.g. Airtable or other CRM) a plus
- Valid Driver’s License; must have own vehicle
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience developing trusting relationships with under-resourced high school students
- Demonstrated attention to detail, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable in a team and fast-paced environment
- Willingness and flexibility to work some weekends and evenings
- The ability to make a minimum of a two-year commitment
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits.
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the qualifications listed in the position description. No phone inquiries will be accepted; all inquiries and resumes should be submitted via email to [email protected].
Future 5, Inc. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and any other factor protected by law. This applies, consistent with applicable law, to all phases of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, participation in all company sponsored employee activities, events, and programs.